Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where your skills and passion for delivering quality care make a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
The Psychologist provides psychological testing and clinical assessment to determine eligibility for Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services. The Psychologist reviews records and conducts assessment to determine whether the qualifying diagnoses of an intellectual disability and/or related conditions exist. The Psychologist evaluates intellectual and adaptive functioning using standardized tests, interview, observation, and historical information. The Psychologist also explains assessment results to the individual and family, and documents the findings in the data base program and in a written report provided to the individual and/or family. The Psychologist must be computer literate.
EXPECTED WORK BEHAVIORS:
1. Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
2. Meets established deadlines and performance expectations; promptly informs. His/her supervisor of issues that may interfere with doing so.
3. Follows written and verbal instructions, seeking timely clarification when needed.
4. Maintains the physical appearance of the work environment in a tidy and organized manner; reports facility maintenance needs to the local facility manager when observed.
5. Displays a positive attitude that promotes harmony and teamwork, and demonstrates an atmosphere of customer friendliness and professionalism.
6. Dresses in a professional manner, adhering to the agency dress code, and refrains from clothing that may be disruptive to consumers or other staff on the unit.
7. Maintains an acceptable work record by being punctual to arrive at work and return from breaks; requests Planned Leave within acceptable time frames established by the supervisor to insure adequate coverage is available on the unit.
8. Attempts to perform all tasks with attention to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
9. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers and other inter/intra agency staff.
10. Follows the administrative chain of command in addressing work related issues.
11. Refrains from gossip or personal conversation within the hearing of consumers or collaterals.
12. Responds to requests for service in a professional and courteous manner.
13. Resolves conflicts in a manner that demonstrates respect for self and others.
14. Maintains current licensure status, as appropriate, and supplies Human Resources personnel with copies of current or renewed licenses/credentials prior to rendering/ billing for services.
15. Participates in continuing educational activities as required by appropriate licensing bodies, provides copies of CEU attendance if requested, and maintains current status on all agency required training.
16. Participates in regularly scheduled supervision, team staffings, and unit staff meetings.
17. Informs appropriate unit personnel of scheduled appointments or expected visitors to the unit. Refrains from bringing children and other family members to the unit except for brief periods of time on rare occasion.
18. Wears a Metrocare employee badge on the unit or at central administrative offices at all times.
SPECIFIC JOB TASKS:
(Including. but not limited to :)
1. Assists in completing intake assessments and diagnostic formulations as needed
2. Completes Psychological testing as needed for clarification of diagnosis
3. Assists with the involvement and education of the consumer's family at a level acceptable to the consumer
4. Obtains authorizations as needed from third party payers
5. Participates as an integral part of the Performance Improvement process, making recommendations for systemic strategies to improve the delivery of services .
6. Documents services in the automated record keeping system within 24 hours after services have occurred.
7. Maintains required productivity levels as outlined in Center policies
8. Maintains confidentiality of information concerning consumers and family members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master or Ph. D degree in Psychology and should have Licensed Psychologist or Psychological Associate with 2 to 5 years experience.
1. Good organizational skills
2. Effective written and verbal communication skills
3. Good observation, teaching and communication skills with individuals facing the challenges of an Intellectual or Developmental Disability
4. Knowledge and understanding of the diagnostic process
5. Mature, professional behavior which promotes rapport with consumers
6. Demonstrated skill in providing consumers with accurate clinical assessment
1. Ability to carry out oral and/or written instructions
2. Ability to select and administer appropriate assessment tool
3. Ability to construct reports that adhere to specifications within the Texas Administrative Code
4. Ability to work collaborative1y with co -workers
5. Ability to work in a high stress environment, take initiative and be creative
6. Ability to successfully use an automated clinical record keeping system.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters