Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where your skills and passion for delivering quality care make a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 52,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research and our software initiative, XenatiX, we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
The Diversion Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and/or providing services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Diversion Coordinator also provides assistance in accessing medical, social, educational, and other appropriate services and supports that will help an individual achieve quality of life and community participation acceptable to the individual or Legally Authorized Representative (LAR) on the individual’s behalf.
Specific Job Tasks (Included but not limited to)
1) Identify available community living options, services and supports to assist individuals to successfully live in the community.
2) Provide information and assistance to service coordinators and other LA staff who are facilitating diversion for individuals at risk of admission to a nursing facility and for individuals transitioning to the community from a nursing facility.
3) Coordinate and provide education to PASRR Service Coordinators and other identified staff about available community services and about strategies to avoid nursing facility placement.
4) Review admissions to nursing facilities for individuals with IDD to ensue that community living options, services and supports that could provide an alternative to the nursing facility have been explored.
5) Maintain information on the number of individuals with IDD admitted to a nursing facility, diverted from a nursing facility and residing in the nursing facility more than 90 days.
9) Maintain information on barriers which prevent individuals from transitioning to a community setting.
10) Submit quarterly reports to DADS as identified in the PASRR Reporting Manual.
11) Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of Laws, Regulations, and Policies & Procedures including, but not limited to:
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters