Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where your skills and passion for delivering quality care make a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 52,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research and our software initiative, XenatiX, we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
The Interest List CARE Specialist will work as a member of the Continuity of Services Unit and is responsible for monitoring and managing the interest list for the local service area according to established policies and procedures regarding the interest list system for person with an intellectual and developmental disability. The specialist will also provide technical support in the collection, retrieval and/or analysis of data/information and the orderly/timely processing of daily operational activities necessary for maintaining compliance with requirements of the DADS Performance Contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• The specialist must be able to demonstrate broad latitude of initiative and independent judgement. They must be able to effectively and clearly communicate with staff both internal and external the program. The ISC must be computer literate.
• Implements and maintains designated processes in the assigned team (including, but not limited to the following processes)
o Screens consumer needs, without making a clinical judgment
o Completes and submits documentation regarding annual contacts to individuals on the HCS and TxHmL Interest Lists.
o Communicates with individuals via phone, in person, and through correspondence, following program guidelines to assure service recipients/family/legal guardians make an informed choice.
o Assure the individual’s service or support preferences are entered into the CARE system as required by DADS.
o Reviews XPTR and CARE reports to assure all annual contacts made within identified timeframes.
o Completes county of residence changes as needed.
o Maintains 95% accuracy of demographic information in PsychConsult
o Reviews IDRC’s and enters into the CARE system within timeframe identified by DADS
o Enters documents into the SFTP site
o Documents information exchanged between LIDDA and MCO
• Attends regional and team meetings as directed
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality
• Meets designated benchmarks and/or quality measures
• Assists the supervisor or other Center staff with special projects or assignments.
• Identifies needs and brings issues to the attention of the COS Program Manager
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational and project management skills
• Thorough understanding of the capabilities and limitations of automated systems, communications technology and office suite systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma required with one (1) year of full-time experience working in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities. Experience with the CARE preferred. Bilingual is Spanish preferred
Ability to calculate figures and amounts to accurately report financial data.
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to multi-task and accommodate high volume
• Ability to display a positive attitude and exhibit excellent customer service at all times
• Ability to apply common sense in carrying out job responsibilities
• Ability to function with little or no supervision
• Ability to self initiate and motivate
• Ability to work with dual supervision & reporting lines
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in interacting with internal/external customers
• Ability to implement and monitor processes within team
• Ability to be flexible
• Ability to problem solve
• Excellent Computer Skills are required. (Windows and Microsoft Suite)
• Intermediate level on MS Excel.
• Email and word processing programs.
• Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have current Texas driver’s license and be insurable under Center insurance.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters